Compared to 2021, the real estate sector in Turkey attracts great interest from foreigners. In this context, Haber7 revealed that home purchases by Russians increased by 30% in March 2022, while the increase in home purchases in Turkey by Ukrainians reached 80%.
Revitalization of the real estate sector in Antalya Turkey due to the war between Ukraine and Russia
- Haber7 website showed that the tourist city of Antalya hosts millions of vacationers every year.
- The site indicated that those who come to the city were amazed by the trio of sea, sand and sun, noting that housing sales to foreigners, which increase every year, gained great momentum, especially during the period of the epidemic and the war between Ukraine and Russia and the real estate sector in Antalya, which was greatly affected by it.
- He noted that Antalya is in the preference list for Iranian, Iraqi and Russian citizens who invest in real estate in Turkey, after Istanbul.
- The site stated that the Russians are showing special interest in Antalya due to the long tourist season, the war between Ukraine and Russia has accelerated the real estate sector in Antalya, and thus the rent and purchase prices in the city have risen, and most Ukrainians are real estate agents in Antalya. They monitor the city traffic with their cars with Ukrainian license plates, fleeing the war and taking refuge in Turkey and mostly from Antalya because it is safer. Some Ukrainian refugees enjoy high economic power
The war between Ukraine and Russia and the real estate sector in Antalya Statistics of the Turkish Statistical Institute
According to the data of “Housing Sales to Foreigners” announced by the Turkish Statistical Institute (TUIK),The war between Ukraine and the real estate sector in AntalyaThe war between Ukraine and the real estate sector in Antalya:
- Antalya is the second city that attracts the most attention from foreigners after Istanbul.
- In the first three months of 2021, 9,887 housing units were sold to foreigners across Turkey.
- Looking at 2022 from the same period, real estate sales of 14,344 residences to foreigners increased by 45 percent.
- Citizens of Iran, Iraq and Russia rank third in home sales.
- It was observed that there was an increase in home sales in March in both years. Last year, 462 homes were sold to foreigners in Antalya in January, 533 in February and 889 in March.
- In 2022, these numbers increased by 914 homes in January, 1,099 in February, and 1,434 in March owned by foreigners.
- In March 2022, there was a 61% increase in home sales compared to the same period the previous year.
Source: Turkish Statistical Institute
Who owns more real estate in Turkey, the Russians or the Ukrainians?
- In the first quarter of 2021, Russians bought 938 properties throughout Turkey.
- That number rose to 1,535 in the same period in 2022.
- The increase in data is reflected in 63%.
- Ukrainians ranked seventh in real estate investment in Turkey with the purchase of 222 homes in the first three months of last year.
- This number increased to 381 in the same period in 2022. The increase was 71%.
- In March 2021, Ukrainians bought 93 houses.
- In March 2022, that number was 168.
- While the Russians bought 419 homes in March 2021, this number rose to 547 in March 2022, i.e. there was an increase in purchases by citizens of the two countries.
- In March, the increase in home purchases in Russians remained around 30%, while the increase in Ukrainians reached 80%.
- There was a 63 percent increase in home sales for Russians in the first three months of last year.
Real estate rents in Antalya are rising because the real estate sector in Antalya has been affected by the war between Ukraine and Russia
The number of Ukrainians increased by 71%. Russians and Ukrainians sought a place of safety, and interest grew because of it. Rents also increased by 2500 – 3 thousand Turkish liras and became 10 thousand Turkish liras as a minimum. The war has implications for higher prices and negatively affected the local population.
Ayanoglu, a board member of the Antalya Chamber of Commerce and Industry, explained that furnished apartments are rented to Russian or Ukrainian families at high prices by opportunistic owners, “he rents out the house in which he lives alone and begins to live with his mother and father.” Foreigners pay up to 40,000 liras in rent each month. These are the monthly prices, incredible numbers.
Increased rents in Antalya due to the war between Russia and Ukraine
Rents increased after the arrival of Ukrainian and Russian refugees by 300%!
- Omur Koçalar, a representative of one of the largest companies in the real estate sector in Antalya, said that these days they are busy with 180 real estate consultants working with them.
- He noted that they serve 60 percent of foreigners who want to buy or rent a house all over Turkey, “Our business has increased 100 percent with the impact of the war. 6-7 out of 10 Russian or Ukrainian customers. Prefer 2 + 1 and 1 + 1 .
- Rents increased by 300 percent from six thousand pounds to 25-30 thousand pounds.”
- Ukrainian Inna Ozderin, who has worked as a real estate consultant in Antalya for 17 years, said that their days were busy, noting that they especially helped refugee families from Ukraine.