Real estate residence in Turkey benefits and advantages: In recent years, the real estate market in Turkey has witnessed a remarkable recovery from foreign investors.
After the increase in foreign purchases of real estate and apartments, the Turkish government directed to grant investors and those wishing to own property in Turkey the right to obtain real estate residency.
As it is known, the real estate residence permit in Turkey is a document taken from the immigration departments in the Turkish states, allowing its owner to enjoy the rights of education and medical care and to live in Turkey legally.
The Turkish government grants this residence permit to foreigners wishing to own and settle in Turkey, and the wife and family members, including children under the age of 18, are entitled to obtain a real estate residence.
Real estate residence in Turkey benefits and advantages (benefits and advantages of real estate residence in Turkey)
There is no doubt that obtaining real estate residence in Turkey is one of the most important goals that all foreign investors seek to achieve in general, in order to take advantage of the many benefits and advantages of this residence, real estate residence in Turkey benefits and advantages, including:
- Legal residence in Turkish territory.
- The property owner’s family including his wife and children under the age of 18 have real estate residency rights.
- The possibility of renewing the real estate residence permit with ease.
- Freedom of movement between Turkish countries.
- Access to educational services in Turkish schools and universities.
- Take advantage of free or large discounts on health benefits in Turkey, through medical care in Turkish hospitals.
- After 8 years of real estate residence in Turkey, the possibility of obtaining permanent residence.
- The possibility of applying for Turkish citizenship, when the value of the property reaches 400 thousand dollars.
Documents required to obtain real estate residence in Turkey
To obtain real estate residency, there are some papers necessary for real estate residency in Turkey, which are:
- Real estate title deed (Tabu).
- Earthquake insurance for the property.
- A passport valid for at least six months.
- A family statement for the children translated into Turkish and certified by the Turkish embassy in the mother country.
- Health insurance in Turkish territory for each family member.
Conditions for obtaining real estate residence in Turkey 2022
- Those who want to obtain a real estate residence in Turkey should note that the price of the property to be purchased should be $75,000 and above in large states such as Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Bursa, Antalya, Gaziantep, Adana and Mersin.
- While the value of the property in smaller Turkish cities should be 50 thousand dollars onwards, in case the foreign investor wants to obtain a real estate residence in Turkey.
- It is worth noting that the real estate appraisal report must be equal to the mentioned minimum to guarantee the issuance of the real estate residency.
The cost and fees for real estate residence in Turkey
- The cost of real estate residence in Turkey depends on the value of the property to be purchased in Turkey, as the property ownership fee in Turkey is approximately 9.7% of the total property price. If the value of the property you bought in Turkey is 100 thousand TL, you must pay a fee of approximately 9 thousand TL to purchase the property.
- There are also other fees related to the title deed document, earthquake insurance and health insurance, the value of which varies according to different age groups. And other documents related to the extraction of real estate valuation documents, and the identity card for real estate in Turkey.
- In addition, there are tax fees related to residence in Turkey, where this tax is paid for each person who will obtain real estate residence, whether the owner of the property, his wife or one of his children.
Renewal of real estate residence in Turkey
- To renew the real estate residence permit, the property must only be registered with the Tapu Directorate. In the name of the property owner, the real estate residence permit is renewed accordingly.
- Also, people wishing to renew the real estate residence permit in Turkey must start submitting the application two months before the expiry of the residency period. Until the date of the last day of residence validity in order to ensure that it is renewed before the expiry of your stay. Because it might give you a date a bit further away.
- The property owner (i.e. the persons whose names are mentioned in the title deed) must bring all the following papers:
Documents required to renew real estate residence
- A certified copy of the Tapu.
- The title deed that proves that the title deed of this property is for the same person, and this entry is extracted from the title deed section.
- Bring (Namra Tash), which is a government document for the real estate and building plate only and can be obtained from the municipality to which the property belongs.
- The DASK document, an earthquake insurance policy, is a mandatory document and can be obtained from insurance companies.
- Pay the tax incurred by the property owner.
Documents required for the property owner and his family members
- A residence application form must be submitted (signed by the applicant or his legal representative).
- A certified copy of the notary’s passport of the applicant, the date of issuance of the passport or document, its expiration date and stamp
- Entry, visa and passport or document number.
- Front and back copy of the current residence card.
- The document or the original copy of the passport.
- Four color photographs with a white background, no more than six months old
- It is necessary to have a valid health insurance covering all family members covering the length of stay (in addition,
- Seniors over the age of 65 do not need health insurance, and children under 18 do not.)
How long is the real estate residence in Turkey?
Real estate residency is usually granted for one year, or two years, with the possibility of renewal annually.
Can someone who obtains real estate residency in Turkey apply for Turkish citizenship?
Owning a property in Turkey worth 400 thousand US dollars gives its owner the right to apply and obtain Turkish citizenship, and this right includes the owner of the property, his wife and children under the age of 18.
If the value of the property is less than 400 thousand dollars, the owner is not entitled to apply for Turkish citizenship until other properties are included in his ownership and the value of the specified and mentioned above.
What are the costs of applying for real estate residence in Turkey?
The cost of applying for real estate residence in Turkey is simple and easy. It is limited to health insurance, the value of which varies according to the age group, and some other fees we have already mentioned.
Thus, we have provided you with everything that matters about real estate residence in Turkey. Benefits and advantages Benefits and advantages of real estate residence in Turkey and regarding the renewal of real estate residence and its costs and for whom the real estate residence is granted
Real estate residence form in Turkey
What is the form of real estate residence in Turkey: